How I Eat Gluten-Free, Vegan at Chipotle

I don't know about you, but there are some nights when I do not feel like cooking. But since we have a fairly restrictive of being gluten-free, vegans there's not many options when it comes to eating out...or are there?  In a new series I'm going to be sharing how I eat gluten-free, vegan at several of our favorite restaurants. Some are more fast-casual, while others are more sit-down. Either way, it means I don't have to cook and the food is gluten-free, vegan so it's all good.


Let's get started with restaurant #1: Chipotle Mexican Grill


My family has loved Chipotle for years and both of my girls have grown up eating it and continue to name it as one of their favorite restaurants. For me, I love how it tastes, the healthier (organic, and no-gmo) options they offer, and how convenient it is. Click here to learn more about the ingredients in each of the items on their menu and to find out which ones are organic and no-gmo.

We used to eat Chipotle the restaurant before Mila was born, but after that we went to ordering it online and picking it up in store.

Back when it was just Avery...and her pony.

This has been a life-saver for me not to have to drag both kids out to eat and instead enjoy delicious Chipotle from my house as I chill in my pajamas and let my kids make all the mess they want at our kitchen table.

Ordering online is our favorite!

So let's down to the nitty gritty and I'll share what I eat when we get Chipotle...




For me: 

  • Brown rice
  • Sofritas
  • Fajita veggies
  • Chili-Corn Salsa
  • Mild Salsa
  • Guacamole
  • and some Chipotle chips...of course!
Here's what my husband gets:


For Brandon:
  • Flour Soft Tacos
  • Sofritas
  • Fajita Veggies
  • Mild Salsa
  • Lettuce
  • Guacamole on the side

And here's what I get for my girls:

Both of them get a Kid's Meal with...
  • Black beans
  • Brown rice
  • Mild Salsa
  • Guacamole on the side
  • 2 soft corn tortillas
  • Chips



Sometimes they make their own burritos like Dad or burrito bowls like Mom.
Or one big yummy mess altogether, and thats's okay! 

Since Chipotle's portions are pretty big, I usually only eat about half of my burrito bowl. I then save the rest to have for leftovers the next day by covering and placing it in the fridge. 


I do the same with my girls' meals as well. Then when it's time for lunch the next day, we get to have Chipotle all over again. It's not the same as fresh, but it's pretty darn close. Also to help keep the chips fresh, I transfer them to an air-tight container, otherwise they will go stale in the paper bag.





So there you have it, what we get at Chipotle! What do you get there? Post below, and until next week here's one of my favorite throwback videos of Avery singing how much "Chipotle makes her smile"! Enjoy...


The author

Latest News on Celebs

You may love