How to Paint Furniture with Chalk Paint

Do you ever have pieces of furniture that don't match the look you're going for in your space but you don't want to spend the money to buy new ones? I was so there this past summer after we changed out our carpet and tile floors to dark bamboo. The darkness of the floors with the darkness of nearly all my furniture was a bit much for me and since I spent most of my money on the floors, replacing all the furniture was not an option either. So that's when I got crafty and green and decided to keep my current furniture but just paint it with chalk paint to give it a new look...talk about one cool way to reuse what you already have!


Now the main reason I decided to use chalk paint was because I had some left from when I painted my fireplace stone over the summer and while researching how to use the chalk paint I kept seeing all these things about how you could use chalk paint to update your end tables, clocks, among other home decor and even furniture. So using what I had left from my stone project, I decided to paint four furniture pieces from the dark and random colors they were to white to get a more uniform look in my space and to brighten things up a bit.  Here's how I did it...

Now let's get started with that project. Here's the pieces of furniture I was going to be painting for this project:

Supplies needed for this project:


But is white the only colors? Heck no! There are tons of colors available on the Chalkworthy Antiuqing Paint website...truly the skys the limit!

This was my second time using chalk paint, and the Chalkworthy Antiquing Paint company was kind enough to send me some samples to use in this project and I've been more than happy with them. Read more about how to use chalk paint on their website here, or stay tuned on my blog to see another post coming soon where I share how I paint furniture with chalk paint.

How I did the project in this week's video...



A big thanks to Chalkworthy Antiquing Paint for sending me the free samples I used for this project, all opinions expressed are my own. 

Happy painting greenies!

The author

Latest News on Celebs

You may love