My Favorite Eco-Friendly Rug Pads

When buying new areas rugs this summer I thought all I needed were the rugs...wrong! Rug pads are a crucial part of having a rug pad not only to keep it in place but also to make it more comfortable. The problem is that most traditional rug pads are made with glues and adhesives that off-gas. But after searching the market, I discovered that some greener alternatives do exist and one of those is Rug Pad Corner



They offer a variety of rug pads that are made from recycled fibers, natural rubber, and contain no glues, adhesives so there is no off-gassing. One of the ways they are able to ditch the toxic glues and adhesives is by using heat pressing to press together the felt fibers of the rug pads...yeah for greenness and not toxic-ness! On top of this the rugs are hypoallergenic and are resistant to mold and mildew.

So I reached out Rug Pad Corner to see if they would let me try some of their green rug pads and they were nice enough to send me some and that we now walk on daily.




The first place I needed a rug pad was in my kitchen. As you can see, the dark floors plus dark table was needing some brightness and color to break up all the dark wood.



The rug pad I was sent for that area is called a Superior Thick Felt Rug Pad and I placed this rug pad under this rug: Dash and Albert Diamond Handwoven Yellow Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug (5’ x 8’ for the one linked, but the one in my dining room is 6’ x 9’ in case you’re wondering).


What's unique about this one is that it doesn't have a natural rubber backing like the one I will share next because this one was going under my dining room table which would hold it in place. But in my living room, the rug pad is in the center of the room with little to no furniture on top of it so it needed a little extra non-slip help.

The finished look. 

And the second place I needed a rug pad was in my living room, which was also looking very dark with the dark floors and dark furniture.




This one has the natural rubber backing. 
The rug pad I was sent for that area is called an Ultra Premium Non Slip Rug Pad which I originally placed under my Dayln Rug Co. Cabana Hand-Tufted Robin’s Egg Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug (5’ x 7’6”).



But then I realized my dogs' nails were gradually ripping up so I had to swap it for a shag rug they wouldn't damage and I also decided to upgrade the size to better fill the space (and so I swapped out the rug pad to be a larger size as well).  Here's the new rug I chose: Safavieh Dallas Shag Light Blue Ivory Trellis Rug (6’ x 9’)


So there you have it, my favorite eco-friendly rug pads and how I use them in my home. If you are in the market for a more eco-friendly type of rug pad be sure to check out Rug Pad Corner. What kind of rug pads do you like to use or do you use any at all? Share below


Disclaimer: Rug Pad Corner sent me these rug pads to try for free to try for this video, all views expressed are my own.

The author

Latest News on Celebs

You may love